As we all know, people around the world are already facing energy shortage. We all suffer because we use too much of everything.
If we make little effort and try to change our habits, we can save a lot of money and with it, we can save our environment.
You will be amazed at how small things can change the world. Here are some tips on ‘how to save energy'(Also known as ‘วิธีการประหยัดพลังงาน’ in the Thai language).
- If you use energy-efficient light bulbs or better known as CFLs, you can save about 75% of the electricity. It is true that these energy-saving light bulbs are more expensive but they will last years longer than normal bulbs and save you money on your electric bill.
- One of the best ways to save energy when you’re washing your clothes to wash with cold or warm water instead of hot when you can. Also, do not use the dryer if it is not full. Instead, you can dry your clothes on a clothesline.
- If you can, try to take a shower instead of a bath. That way you will save money on heating bills, and reduce water use.
- If you do not use some of your equipment, unplug it from the mains, because even though the appliance is switched off, still consumes electricity.
- Washing machine: When using washing machines, 80% to 90% of the total amount of energy used to heat the incoming water and only 10% -20% to the actual device operation. Always use cold water and cold water detergent when needed.
- Fridge: Want to know how to save energy and save money with your fridge? You can reduce the amount of energy you use in your refrigerator with that position far from producing heating sources such as ovens, dishwashers or direct sunlight.
These tips do help you to get started right away. Save more energy and save more money now.