When you finish reading this article, you will have learned 10 important tips for hiring the right trainer for your dog. Be sure to read clear through to the end or you will miss some of this very valuable information.
Not every owner can hire "The Dog Whisperer"
Maybe you can't hire the "dog whisperer" but if your dog's behavior is consistently bad or if you are a novice dog owner, you may want to hire a dog training school in Chapel Hill to teach your pet the basics. Toward this end, here are 10 tips for choosing a good dog trainer.
1. The trainer should use techniques that do not harm the dog in any way.
2. His methods should be above reproach and he should treat the dog fairly and firmly, but not in and unkind manner.
3. Does the trainer get to know the dog? In other words, does he work to become familiar with the dog's personality and its needs before he commences training.
4. Does the trainer keep you informed as to how the dog is progressing?
5. Does the trainer require your presence during the actual training?
6. How much does the trainer charge? Do the charges seem reasonable? Have you "comparison shopped" other trainers so you know what a fair price should be?
One of the things that many trainers will tell you is that when a new dog first enters the home, it will immediately want to establish its territory. It wants to become the alpha dog. Thus, it wants to rule the house, leaving you at wit's end.